NUPM meeting

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Wed Nov 30 20:36:16 MST 2005

Alan Young wrote:
> I've just been volunteered ... err ... I mean ... I've just
> volunteered to do a presentation for NUPM on December 14th.  I've
> decided to do it on using VIm to develop perl scripts
>
> Please let me know what subtopics you'd like to see covered.  I'm not
> promising to cover everything requested.
>
> Also, keep in mind that I edit nearly all of my files through a ssh
> connection so gvim isn't really an option (I'll have to squeeze
> preparation of this presentation in between various activities where
> I'm already in a session).

Well, somewhat off-topic, but FUSE and SSHFS make using gvim over an SSH
connection much more convenient. :)

As for the meeting, I'd be very interested in ways people have integrated vim
with CVS and other code management frameworks.

Also, perltidy would be good... but probably already on the agenda.

  "Mixing bowl set designed to please cook with round bottom for efficient
   beating."
     -- Seen in newspaper ad