Never a Doh! moment.

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Nov 30 18:15:57 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:42 -0700, Steve Meyers wrote:
> Chris Carey wrote:
> > My last DOH moment was when writing some SQL statements and I forgot
> > the WHERE clause ...
> >
> > DELETE FROM billing;
> >
> > instead of
> >
> > DELETE FROM billing WHERE id=123;
>
> Use the --i-am-a-dummy flag:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/safe-updates.html

Or use a database that supports transactions and do dangerous things
inside a transaction.

<aside>I've had a chance to insult emacs and mysql in the same day.
That's what I call a good day!</aside>

<mumble>Man I miss the good ole' days when emacs really was more bloated
and MySQL really wasn't a real database.</mumble>

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@