Home Firewall and Proxy

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 15:17:03 MST 2005

--- Alan Young <alansyoungiii at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that I'm in a home I know I'm going to be at for awhile I'd
> like to get a firewall and a proxy up and going.  I remember
> hearing about DansGuardian being used for this purpose but it's
> been awhile.
>
> I have an old system that's just sitting around.  I was hoping
> I would be able to use that.  Anyone have any links they can
> point me to?

Here's a link to my slides from the UUG presentation in June:
http://www.thornock.us/presentations/dansguardian/
One of the slides is a list of othe links that may be helpful.

For home use, an old system should be entirely sufficient.  I've
been running my DansGuardian proxy (on Red Hat 7.3 and later on
FreeBSD) on a fairly old system for a few years now without any
problem.