Remote Desktop

Ryan Bowman ryanlbowman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:52:04 MST 2005

Hi,
It's been about a year and half ago that I stopped using Linux and
unsubscribed to this list, but I have since begun administrating a couple of
Linux servers at work and have started both myself and my wife on Linux at
home.

At work we our primary environment is Windows, but we have recently moved a
couple to Linux (SUSE 9.3).  I've installed cygwin with X so I can ssh into
the linux boxes when I need to, but lead programmed has expressed dislike at
having (what he sees as) widely different methods for accessing and
administering the different servers, which brings me to my question: is
there a program more like Remote Desktop Connection (than cygwin/ssh -X/kde)
that we could use to connect to the Linux server from a windows box and in
reverse (not as important)?

I'm mostly just curious, it's not really a big deal, I've actually setup
cygwin for a non-techie to use and she doesn't have any problems with it.