sending sms messages

bibhor dhungel bibhor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:22:32 MST 2005

Hi,
I need to set up a cron job that regularly sends SMS messages. I looked
around and Kannel seems like the right answer, but installing it through Yum
or a rpm has not been much help. When I install through yum i cannot find
the configuration file nor the daemon to start the service. When trying to
install through rpm i have the same problem. I saw an ozeki linux SMS server
but its a bit pricey and i am not sure if that will solve the problem too.
Does any one have experience setting up some open source SMS server. I am
running fedora core2.
thanks
Bibhor