New System Administration position
Trevor at whoblue.com
Mon Nov 28 14:17:49 MST 2005
I hope that everyone had a good holiday break. That said, I am currently
recruiting to fill a System Administration position in Salt Lake City (near
the U of U). This will be a contract to perm position (perm salary will
probably be $60 - $65K depending on fit) and the requirements/duties are as
* PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Installation, configuration, maintenance, of Unix/Linux operating
systems on multiple servers.
* Installation and maintenance of limited Windows 2000/Windows 2003
servers and services.
* Installation and maintenance of core company services including
but not limited to the following. DNS, mail, spam filtering, virus
filtering, cvs, ftp, ntpd, perforce, samba, apache.
* Develop UNIX scripts to support operational requirements and
* Development and maintenance of backups for all supported servers
* Pager rotation and off hour support of critical systems.
* Office user level support regarding core services.
* Ability to work closely with Database Administrators,
Configuration Management and Software Developer groups.
* EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Education Preferred:
CS/IS industry or related fields
* Work Experience:
2-5 years Unix system administration experience.
Working experience with FreeBSD, Solaris, Red Hat Linux preferred.
Experience with other Unix/Linux OS versions potentially acceptable
depending on experience.
Apache, nagios, courier mail server, spamassassin, amanda, DNS, samba, DHCP,
perl, shell scripting, kickstart, SNMP, rrdtool, mrtg, cvs, iptables,
ipchains, ipf, rsync, syslog/syslog-ng, proftpd, ntp, djbdns, FreeBSD jails,
perforce, Ethernet, TCP/IP networking knowledge.
* Equipment Utilized:
Servers: DELL 2450, 2650, 2850, 6350, 1650
Sun Enterprise 4500, Sun T1 netra
Disk Arrays: DELL PowerVault AS220, Sun StoreEdge A1000, Fiber Channel SAN
experience a plus.
If you or someone you know may be interested in learning more, please feel
free to email or call me.
Who Blue Resources, Inc
4141 South Highland Dr., Ste 310
SLC - UT 84124
trevor.whoblue at gmail.com
More information about the PLUG