Fwd: CD Backups

Derek Davis derek.davis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:16:57 MST 2005

Why does it have to be CD-RW?  I've set up an rsync backup that
automatically makes daily snapshots to a machine I have in the
basement and works very well for me.  If you want something more
portable, you could get a cheap, external hard drive and do the same
thing.  If you want something off site, Josh Coates' new service at
mozy.com offers 2 GB of automatic backup for the cost of a bit of
targetted advertising, and you have to use a Windows box.  Or maybe a
group of pluggers could offer each other small bits of hard drive
space with quotas, and we could get some distributed backups going on.

Maybe one of those would work for you?  Sorry I don't have an answer
to your actual question.

Derek

On 11/23/05, Hans Fugal <hans at fugal.net> wrote:
> The recent thread on backups put a guilt trip on me, and I figure I
> ought to start backing up my home system. However I haven't found a
> backup system I like. My modest requirements are these: (at least, I
> think they're modest)
>
> - Use CD-RW

<snip other requirements>