Complete backup of Linux install

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Nov 22 10:33:04 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 10:27 -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:
> There's an interesting article on Linux Journal's website about backup
> to CDRW, including some scripts and lots of instructions.

Which reminds me, I forgot to mention the other tool I use for backups
(you can see how frequently): Mondo. It creates a bootable CD containing
all your data. The CD can be run in "Nuke" mode which blows away
anything on the disk and installs from the CD. You could certainly use
that for deploying machines. It supports VFAT, but can only backup NTFS
as an entire partition ala dd.

        http://www.mondorescue.org/

Corey