Not your grandmothers distro?

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 20:34:45 MST 2005

> You would have to tweak the default setup a bit by removing the brown
> theme and moving the "Start button" to the bottom, but I think Ubuntu
> aims to deliver all of your requirements. In my view, it's the *only*
> distro available that has the potential to replace Windows for this type
> of user. Try out the new live CD with her first.

I wholeheartedly concur with this.  It's not hard at all to move the
menus around, and ubuntu is very non-geek or even non-enthusiast
friendly.  I haven't really tried, but I know that it is possible to
make the updates automatic in the background, and you can make it act
for all intents and purposes just like windows.  For her sake of
course...

--
Alex Esplin