ZFS, OpenSolaris, Nexenta -- eating my words

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Sat Nov 19 16:06:23 MST 2005

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 11:49:10AM -0800, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:39:13 -0600, "Michael Halcrow" <mike at halcrow.us>
> > I agree that we could do better, and ZFS looks like a step in the
> > right direction, but I would be skeptical of any suggestion that
> > it is the best alternative we have at the moment.
>
> True, but I would be even more skeptical that <competing IBM technology>
> is "the best."

I actually suggested building off Reiser4 to make an alternative,
which is not a competing IBM technology.

For a more in-depth critique of ZFS from someone who has looked
through the code, take a look at this recent post to fsdevel:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-fsdevel&m=113243953111393&w=2

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

Collect call from Cthulhu, do you accept the charges?