[OT] LDS General Conference Podcast

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Sat Nov 19 10:52:13 MST 2005

> You can convert any mp3 to a bookmarkable file on the iPod.
>
> Convert the mp3 to AAC.
> 1.mp3 -> 1.M4A
>
> Delete both the newly converted M4A (aac) file from your iTunes
> library but do not remove it from the hard drive.
>
> Find the file (1.M4A) and change the file extension to M4B.
>
> The iPod now thinks this a book like you would purchase from audible
> and will allow you to bookmark it.

I have used a make-selected-tracks-bookmarkable script from Matt's
script archive [1] in the past. It is very simple to use. As above,
you convert to AAC and then run the script. I think that all it does
is change the extension.

If you are using the latest version of iTunes though, iTunes and
iPods now have the option to enable "remember playback position" on
any song of any file type, individually.