ImageToHtml (was: Re: Provo Web Site Hacked)

Dave Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Mon Nov 14 21:07:13 MST 2005

Chris Carey wrote:

>On 11/14/05, Michael Halcrow <mike at halcrow.us> wrote:
>

>>Just a friendly Public Service Announcement:
>>
>>I don't see a copyright statement or a license. Without those things,
>>the code must, by default, be considered ``Copyright (c), All Rights
>>Reserved,'' which is technically not Open Source.
>>
>>Mike
>>

>Thank you , I updated the source to be under the GPL license.
>Hopefully it was done correctly.

Since it's GPL'ed, I hacked in output buffering for improved
performance, used <span style=""> instead of <font> tags, and hacked in
a little optimization that reduces the number of <span> tags that need
to be printed for contiguous blocks of same color pixels. Runs quite a
bit faster for me. Share and enjoy:

    http://thesmithfam.org/sandbox/imagetohtml.phps

I made a picture of my house and a mouse. Pretty darn cool.

--Dave