iProvo duopoly

Dan Stovall dbstovall at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 14:54:45 MST 2005

> I do have to wonder, though, where Veracity ever found the
> delusion that they were qualified to run a phone service.  Since
> the switch from HomeNet, we've had frequent phone service
> outages, and they haven't even managed something as basic as
> notification of new voice mail messages.  I didn't think it was
> possible, but Veracity has actually managed to make Qwest look
> good.  (They've also managed to convince me that it's time to
> study up on Asterisk and start doing my phone service myself.)

That's funny.  I thought that Veracity was an off shoot of Off-Campus
Telecommunications.  Now, I had nothing but horrible experiences with
Off Campus, but you would think that phone service would be where they
were most qualified.

I was really excited to drop Comcast and Qwest when I heard about
iProvo, but since I have heard the horror stories about MStar, and
knowing what I do about Veracity, I am pretty skeptical.  Hopefully,
by the time it gets out to my house (June 06), they will have ironed
out some of these problems.

Dan

--
I swear Power Point is going to be the downfall of higher education in
western society.