Linux NAT/gateway distro

Jason Holt jason at lunkwill.org
Fri Nov 11 01:06:12 MST 2005

A few months ago I set up a NAT box for a non-techie, and based on some
research at distrowatch, figured devil-linux and smoothwall were the best
bets.  Never really got to play with devil-linux, but smoothwall went okay.
The install was reasonable, and the web-based setup is nice (especially for
him).  Biggest weirdness is that you have to download updates one by one and
upload them via a web form to do version updates.  That worked out well for my
friend (it's simple, anyway), but didn't leave much room for adding on things
like samba that he wanted.

No idea how it would do with dialup.

 						-J