Re-partitioning a drive to remove linux

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Thu Nov 10 10:28:29 MST 2005

On Nov 9, 2005, at 5:29 PM, Tyler Strickland wrote:

> On 11/09/2005 03:44 PM, Erin Sharmahd wrote:
>>> For XP look in Control Panel (classic view) -> Administrative
>>> Tools ->
>>> Computer Management under Disk Management.  It has basic
>>> functions but
>>> not much more.
>> Is it just me, or does everyone switch the control panel to classic
>> view whenever they need to do anything?  Seriously, whenever i've had
>> to help a friend with their computer, i can't find anything in the
>> XP-view...
>
> I switch _everything_ back to the classic view - start menu,
> themes, control panel, etc.  I'm not a huge fan of the new layouts
> and flashy things that just get in the way.  Is it just me or does
> Microsoft like making the process of doing advanced things hard?

While I agree that Microsoft seems to make doing advanced things
hard, I do not agree the "classic view" is advanced.  The new Control
Panel layout is just a different way to organize it.  It might be
different, but can be just as easy once you learn it well.  I have
heard a lot of people complain about the new layouts and themes.
These people are usually the same people who are afraid of any kind
of change.  Change is inevitable.

Did you hate the new look of Windows 95?  Did you complain back then
too?

I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about change just
because it is different.  There are a lot more important things to
complain about besides small changes like this.  Like the lack of
true privilege separation.  Learning new things and ways of doing
them is a way of life.  Get over it!

--lonnie