Re-partitioning a drive to remove linux

Kelley Terry kbst at copper.net
Wed Nov 9 14:36:09 MST 2005

I have a friend who installed linux on his computer.  He had me help him remove it last night.  We removed the linux partition and enlarged the dos partition with the diskdrak tool from Mandrake.  We restored the mbr with the dos fdisk command.  All is fine except windows doesn't recognize the extra space on the dos partition.  It still reports it as it's original size before the linux partition was deleted and the windows partition resized to fill the disk.  Is there any tool to change the file allocation tables other than reformatting the windows partition and reinstalling windows?
--
It said use windows 95 or better so I loaded linux!
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates?