Database Design Theory?

Matthew Ross Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Tue Nov 8 16:06:01 MST 2005

My day job is programming in PHP with MySQL databases, and with the
release of MySQL 5, I'd like to get familiar with Good Design for a
system that has views, stored procs, foreign-key constraints, and the like.

Are there any good websites for this information, that take you through
practical examples, and explain the theory behind it? Alternately, are
there any very good books on the subject? I'm a bit leary of dropping
$50+ on a book that I'll only use for a while, but I'm willing to do it
if it comes highly reccomended.

Thanks.
--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
neutron bomb, n.:
	An explosive device of limited military value because, as
	it only destroys people without destroying property, it
	must be used in conjunction with bombs that destroy property.