MythTV DVD Jukebox question

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:23:43 MST 2005

On 11/7/05, Brandon Beattie <brandon+plug at beatties.us> wrote:
> I'm somewhat a videophile, it's often annoying for me to go to a theater
> and see a movie there (I see every frame because my eyes have been
> trained to notice the flaws).  I still enjoy my lower quality home
> theater with 1024x576 images because it's functional though, and I use
> it for more than just DVD's.  But, if I were considering building a PC
> vs using a DVD player, I'd get the DVD player.

I think youve talked me out of it. :)  I am currently using a Momitsu
880 dvd player that supports custom reslution that I have mapped to my
projectors native resolution (848x480).

At any rate, you mentioned low quality home theater and I am
interested to see what you consider low quality. :)  I spent about
10-15k on mine which I consider "low quality" compared to some I have
seen.

At any rate, I took some quick photos the other day if anyone is
interested.  http://www.grantshipley.com/gallery/ht -- And before
anyone asks --- NO THE WALLS ARE NOT PINK.

Grant