MythTV DVD Jukebox question

Jason Holt jason at lunkwill.org
Mon Nov 7 14:35:23 MST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Brandon Beattie wrote:
> If all you'll be doing is playing DVD's I believe it's a better choice
> to use a good dvd player.  Reasons include having a dedicated clock for

One disadvantage of DVD players is that they enforce the movie industry's
megalomaniacal ideas about when you should be able to fast forward, visit the
menu, or back up your DVDs.  Drives me crazy every time I watch a movie and
have to watch the freakin' studio logo for 10 seconds.  I've also found PC DVD
drives to be better at reading marginal DVDs than cheap DVD players are.

 							-J