MythTV DVD Jukebox question

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Mon Nov 7 11:41:41 MST 2005

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Grant Shipley wrote:
>
>> Does MythTV support playing directly from .iso files?
>

> MythTV can launch MPlayer or Ogle, both of which support playing DVD
> images.  Ogle supports DVD menus, but MPlayer does not.  MPlayer
> supports LIRC easily, but LIRC support for Ogle may require a little
> hacking.

I think you can setup any media player to play DVDs, since (I believe)
MythTV has a setting somewhere that just asks you what media player to
use plus which flags to pass.  And IIRC the default is just MPlayer +
all the nice little arguments.

And if you can get LIRC or xev + remote to work with xine, you should be
good to go.

I'll have to try it out. :)

Steve