MythTV DVD Jukebox question

Grant Shipley gshipley at
Mon Nov 7 10:23:10 MST 2005

Hello all:

Finally going to put the HTPC together.  I am looking at using MythTV
or xlobby (windows app).  Trying to find out which better fits my

I will only be using the system for content playing.  I will NOT be
using the system to record shows via cable/OTA/D* or any other
provider.  I will NOT be using the system to play mp3s or any other
audio.  This is only for DVD playing.

I want to rip my DVDs to .iso format and be able to mount and play the
iso file with full menu support.

I would like to control the system via remote control.  I do not want
to pull out a keyboard in order to play a movie.

I would enjoy a nice gui that will download movie description/box
covers etc from amazon or imdb.

If the thing can play transport stream HDTV encodes, that is icing on the cake.

Does MythTV support playing directly from .iso files?