Wireless Cards

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sun Nov 6 07:13:17 MST 2005

On Sat,  5 Nov 2005 at 21:38 -0700, Andrew McNabb wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:06:59PM -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:
> >
> > I won't weigh in on the versatility argument, although I think I'd go
> > with a linksys in this situation myself. What I will say is that you can
> > do all of the things your versatile PCI card setup can do with a stupid
> > qwest actiontec wireless router. All it takes is a little routing
> > and dhcp wizardry.
> >

> I'm not familiar with actiontec.  Can you run Dansguardian on it?  Is it
> stable (I've had lots of trouble with lots of wireless routers)?

Let's just say it is rightly associated with Qwest. There's no
openfirmware or anything, in other words no it doesn't run dansguardian,
squid, openvpn, or indeed anything you might find useful. The point is
it does its job (wireless) and your linux box can do all that other
stuff (including, in my case, pppoe).

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach