Wireless Cards

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sun Nov 6 00:09:36 MST 2005

Chris Carey wrote:
> You compared the $50 linksys router against the features of a $50 PCI
> wireless card attached to a $1000 computer.
>
> If we compare the router to the card I think its clear that the router
> gives you more bang for your buck.

Unless you get the computer from a used computer shop.  You can get a
basic Pentium III from MAS Computers in Orem for $70.  I've bought two
myself.  Their used computers aren't listed on the web site--you have to
go to the shop to see them.

http://mascomputersonline.com/

A server consumes more power (~60W vs. ~20W) and makes more noise than a
router, but gives you a lot more freedom and simplicity.

Shane