Wireless Cards

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Sat Nov 5 22:14:06 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 21:38 -0700, Andrew McNabb wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 09:06:59PM -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:
> >
> > I won't weigh in on the versatility argument, although I think I'd go
> > with a linksys in this situation myself. What I will say is that you can
> > do all of the things your versatile PCI card setup can do with a stupid
> > qwest actiontec wireless router. All it takes is a little routing
> > and dhcp wizardry.
> >

> I'm not familiar with actiontec.  Is it stable.

/me wipes tears from his eyes

Oh, boy. That's a good one. "Stable". I haven't laughed like that in
ages. Thanks, man.

> Can you run Dansguardian on it?

No, but I think Hans meant that you can redirect outbound port 80
traffic to another box on the network. Certainly that requires having
two boxes, but it's a valid way to architect the network.

Corey