Wireless Cards

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Nov 5 21:06:59 MST 2005

On Sat,  5 Nov 2005 at 20:32 -0700, Andrew McNabb wrote:
> My whole apartment and the apartment next door are transparently proxied
> through Dansguardian (over wireless and wired networking).  I really
> appreciate having it running when I'm browsing the web.  I don't know of
> any of the other single guys who aren't also glad it's there.  Without
> getting too philosophical, I think an important part of avoiding
> undesirable [to yourself] behavior is to do what you can to prevent it.
>
> Anyway, I don't see how any of the great features you mentioned could
> possibly allow for more flexibility in setting up a network than a
> customized Linux firewall does.

I won't weigh in on the versatility argument, although I think I'd go
with a linksys in this situation myself. What I will say is that you can
do all of the things your versatile PCI card setup can do with a stupid
qwest actiontec wireless router. All it takes is a little routing
and dhcp wizardry.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach