Wireless Cards

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Fri Nov 4 17:27:46 MST 2005

So I've decided to get a wireless PCI card for my desktop machine at home
so my laptop can connect to it wirelessly, either in ad-hoc mode, or
preferably using HostAP mode to turn my desktop machine into a Linux
Wireless Access Point.

Unfortunately, I've been having no luck whatsoever finding a wireless PCI
card that for-sure plays nicely with Linux. From what I've been able to
find, the Intersil/Prism cards are the only ones that do HostAP for sure.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what wireless PCI cards to buy that
play nicely with Linux, and perhaps even links where I can buy them?

Thanks in advance,
 	Ross