Utopia?

Matt Bowler matt at mattbowler.com
Thu Nov 3 11:07:00 MST 2005

Free at last, free at last! Thank you Pete, I am Qwest-free at last!

Xmission only meters bandwidth M-F between 7:00 AM and midnight.
Transmissions between xmission customers, including downloads from
mirrors.xmission.com are not counted toward your cap either.  That
means if your work and home are both on xmission,  you could transfer
unlimited amounts of data, same if you are installing distros from
their mirrors site.

http://www.xmission.com/help/misc/faqs/dsl.html#17b  (utopia limits same
as dsl)

Xmission sales said (today on the phone), they will be offering VoIP in
the near future.  I don't know about Asterisk connectivity, but I am
putting in my request for that functionality--feel free to join me.

You also get your first two 2 months free and a public, static IP
address.

My friends how have had Mstar have had a lot of problems--poor bandwidth
(1-5 mbps) and nets flooded with DNS and DHCP traffic.  Tech support is
weak, and customer service sloooowwww.  One friend is in Orem (service
is so bad MSTAR is paying HIM to stay) and the other is trying to get
service for his apartment complex in Provo but they won't call him
back.

I live off 4th West and Center in Orem.  My Utopia install date is
TOMORROW!  Yes, I am using xmission.  I am so unsatisfied with Qwest
that I cut off my DSL service and have been w/o phone and internet for
2 weeks.  I could not stand to pay them one more penny.

M.