Utopia?

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:17:47 MST 2005

On 11/3/05, Grant Shipley <gshipley at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing I have noticed that some isps (xmission for example) will
> offer 10-30mbit connections but will allow you to download 100gb a
> month.

100GB/month is a sustained rate of 319 kbps for the entire 730 hours
in your month.  You'll never touch it unless you're downloading
several popular movies at a time over bittorrent all month long.
Imagine filling your 80GB HDD every month with stuff you didn't have
last month.  Even for users who go hog wild 100GB should be plenty,
IMHO.