I managed to mount external drive but now I can not get sound to work

Kirk kirk at emstraffic.com
Thu Mar 31 09:04:34 MST 2005

I managed to mount my external drive, I reinstalled slackware and it recocnized the drive durring the install process.
I now have a new problem, I have no sound.
I had sound a week ago when this machine had red hat on it.
I do see something on boot time about an ALSA driver, but it just looks like it is using it.

Does anyone know any slackware sound card magic?

I have a pci sound card, i will have to look at what kind it is.

Thanks.