Interesting????!!??

Scott Jackman scott.jackman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 20:56:26 MST 2005

The law isn't going to make Linux itself illegal.  What it states is
that distros of Linux that contain software capable of copying DVDs
are illegal.  If Windows shipped with a DVD ripper, it would also be
considered illegal.

Even still, it's an interesting ruling.  It certainly won't prevent
people from downloading the ripping software.  They're just trying to
keep the honest people honest, I guess.