Encryption

Peter Bowen peter at bowenfamily.org
Wed Mar 23 15:28:07 MST 2005

Scott,

Uuencode is a text armoring mechanism... It's how pictures,  docs,  and
programs are sent through email.  I just uuencoded the gpg data string.
The better way is to use armor directly - it saves a step.  Uuencode can
convert ANY binary to text than can be stored in a text field.  Note the
it is an encoding and not an encryption algorithm.

Check out:
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/U/Uuencode.html

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci213268,00.html
    http://www.ucc.ie/doc/other/uu.html