Problems forwarding port 3389

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at uvlug.org
Wed Mar 23 14:52:47 MST 2005

Peter Bowen wrote:
> I assume that remote desktop works within the office...  Are you using
> the web connection to login or are you going direct?
>
> -Peter

Yes, it works from other machines on the same private network.  I am
trying to connect remotely from the Remote Desktop Client on my Windows
XP Pro box at home.  I am able to telnet to that port from my home box,
and it does make a connection.  Also we were able to get RealVNC traffic
to work, but I find that Remote Desktop is far faster, and from what I
understand, more secure.  This is really weird.

Kenneth
kenneth at uvlug.org