Eric Jensen eric at emstraffic.com
Wed Mar 23 13:00:35 MST 2005

Charles Curley wrote:

>On second thought, I don't know how well this handles binary data. The
>advice to ascii armor the encrypted data makes escaping
>irrelevant. Declare the column as text, which should take care of the
>line endings in the ascii armored output.
You are right, now that I am doing ascii armor it seems to input just
fine.  But for some reason I can't decrypt the data.  The data inserted
into the database looks like:

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)

When I try and decrypt that I get the message:
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: decrypt_message failed: eof

I tried creating that string and immediatly passing it back through gpg
and it decrypts it just fine.  But wont if I put it into the database first.

Eric Jensen