xorg + nvidia s-video out to tv

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Sat Mar 19 23:04:55 MST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:13:17PM -0700, Steve Dibb wrote:
> Well, I finally got TV out to work on my nvidia card (yay), but it's not
> doing what I want it to ...
>
> I want to have two X displays available :0 for my desktop, and :1 for
> the TV, but I can't figure out what in the world I'm doing wrong.
>
> Right now, what is happening is when I boot up, I can see my display on
> both the monitor and my TV. When I start X then my desktop shows
> normally (using IceWM) on the desktop, and the TV shows just the normal
> X gray screen. I can move the mouse over to the TV and I see the cursor
> just fine.
>
> That's not what I want though -- I'm trying to get the TV to be its own
> display, but how do I do that? I think I'm missing something simple in
> my xorg.conf file, so here it is if you'd like to take a look.

You need to be a little more clear what you want.  When you log in, do
you want to be logged in on both displays?  Or do you want to have two
separate logins, one for each display?  If it's the latter, you'll have
to do some extra work with a project called Ruby (not the programming
language), which is still somewhat experimental.  If it's the former, it
will be a little easier.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/