xorg + nvidia s-video out to tv

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Fri Mar 18 23:13:17 MST 2005

Well, I finally got TV out to work on my nvidia card (yay), but it's not
doing what I want it to ...

I want to have two X displays available :0 for my desktop, and :1 for
the TV, but I can't figure out what in the world I'm doing wrong.

Right now, what is happening is when I boot up, I can see my display on
both the monitor and my TV. When I start X then my desktop shows
normally (using IceWM) on the desktop, and the TV shows just the normal
X gray screen. I can move the mouse over to the TV and I see the cursor
just fine.

That's not what I want though -- I'm trying to get the TV to be its own
display, but how do I do that? I think I'm missing something simple in
my xorg.conf file, so here it is if you'd like to take a look. I've set
it up pretty much how the nvidia-glx README states:

http://wonkabar.org/dot/xorg.conf

anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Steve