Sponsorships available

David Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Fri Mar 18 17:11:54 MST 2005

<quote who="Kyle">
>  - ldap to sql gateway
>    This would be an ldap server which would use an sql (or other arbitrary
>    backend) as its data store.  This would allow contact information to be
>    stored in a relational database, but then be accessed by mozilla,
>    evolution, or any other similar frontend.

OpenLDAP already does this. It can use PostgreSQL, MySQL, BDB, and many
other backends. I'm not sure about the other items on the list, but it
might be a good idea to double-check that they don't already exist as
well.

I mean... Um... On second thought... I'll happily "add" that feature to
OpenLDAP for a small fee.. It will take me, oh, about 300 hours... I can
deliver the finished product tomorrow. ;)

--Dave