C++ Template: Table Class

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Mar 16 23:23:16 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 21:16 -0700, David Smith wrote:
> I'm looking for a template class that'll let me setup aribtrarily wide
> tables. Something like this:
>
>   std::table< int, int, float, int > myTable;
>   iter = myTable.find( int, int, float );
>
> Or something like that. The goal is to setup some lookup tables and reuse
> the same code for each one, even though they have different numbers of
> columns and different typed columns. It needs to be self-contained in the
> code, so something like SQLite is out. Any ideas?

Dave, you'll need to provide more information on exactly what this clas
is supposed to do.  Also, in your little example, what are each of the
types needed for?

Writing a template class from scratch is very easy.  Once you know what
you want, set one up.  It shouldn't take much to get a rudimentary
implementation going.

Michael