Corrupt files with 3ware, 3w-9xxx driver?

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:05:08 MST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:44:07 -0700, Lance Grover <lance.grover at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:51:59 -0700, shadoi <shadoi at nanovoid.com> wrote:
> > Are these systems running in a 1 or 2U rackmount case with a riser
> > card?  If so I happen to know that there are issues with some riser
> > cards that don't have resistors on them.  It's actually a problem with
> > the 3ware cards being a little too touchy, but certain risers will fix
> > the problem.  I can get you information on them if this sounds like the
> > issue.
>
> No these systems do not have riser cards, they are 4U boxes.  We did
> end up calling Tech support on this issue and 3ware claimed that these
> cards where rock solid with no history of corruption.

We might have found the solution, after several calls to 3ware, with
them always saying that there is no problem with the cards, they
finally suggested to use a slower bus speed than the 133, max of 100
prefer 66.  After changing it to 100.  We have had no reported
problems after this change and we have had two departments on the
server for over a week.

--
Thanks,

Lance Grover