Filesystems Raid, ReiserFS and hours of fun

Nicholas Leippe nick at byu.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:05:29 MST 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 08:59 am, Jeff Davies wrote:
> I am using a (ADAPTEC CHIPSET)Serial ATA, CERC-SATA-6CH Controller

I know that some sata drivers are very young in linux, 'CERC' sounds like a
Dell box, no?  You may try the poweredge mailing list if this is so.

> I am also using SUSE 9.1 Pro (2.6.4-52-smp)

Any 2.6.x < 2.6.9 w/reiserfs raises a red flag for me.  I recall numerous
issues with reiserfs in early 2.6.  It may be time to browse lk-ml.  Since it
was packaged by SuSe, I'd imagine their kernel maintainers saw fit to include
necessary patches, but still...

> I highly doubt I am using IDE-TCQ unless it's enabled by default.

This I don't know.

--
Respectfully,

Nicholas Leippe