Filesystems Raid, ReiserFS and hours of fun

Josh Coates jcoates at archive.org
Tue Mar 15 08:27:38 MST 2005

>I believe so I would have to double check.
>If we did could you tell me the affects?

its just a write-cache on the disk.  nicholas may have been thinking that if
there was a power failure, then the cache may not have been sync'd with the
disk.  not sure about SATA, but i'm not aware of anay ATA drives that allow
you to turn write-caching on/off.  on scsi drives this was something that
could be tweaked.

i'm a reiserfs fan, but i'm not much of a raid5 fan - not too friendly in
the data recovery department.

i'm curious about the SATA raid controller you are using.  what kind is it?
does it have some type of NVRAM?

Josh Coates
http://www.jcoates.org

I believe so I would have to double check.
If we did could you tell me the affects?

Jeff