thumb drive - huh?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Mar 14 08:31:06 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 22:33, Jared Bernard wrote:
> I add the following line the end:
> /dev/sdb1 /mnt/thumb vfat,ext2,hfsplus noauto, users,dev 0 0
>
> save.
>
> plug in the thumb drive.
>
> dir - /mnt/thumb and the last line in /etc/fstab disappears.
>
> What's going on?

I remember reading recently that HAL will rewrite your /etc/fstab when
it detects new hardware. Oh, it was on the Wine mailing list. They were
thinking of using that some how. Anyway, sounds like you have some sort
of automounter mucking around with your /etc/fstab. That's pretty much a
guess, but it might give you something to go on.

Corey