Hacking the Linksys WRT54G

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Mar 12 14:40:11 MST 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 12:49:46PM -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Anyone messed around with putting a different Linux on one of these
> wireless routers?  What works best?  What has the least risk?  What are
> you doing with it now that it's opened up?

I haven't even bought one yet. But this looks rather cool:

  "This is a mini Linux distribution for the Linksys wrt54g. In about
  20 seconds, you can install a small set of Linux tools to your
  access point's ramdisk. The distribution is geared towards those who
  are curious about casually exploring the internal workings of this
  device. The installation is strictly to the ram disk of the box. No
  permanent changes are made. If you mess something up, power-cycle
  the box."

http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html