Hacking the Linksys WRT54G

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Sat Mar 12 13:49:00 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 12:49, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Anyone messed around with putting a different Linux on one of these
> wireless routers?  What works best?  What has the least risk?  What are
> you doing with it now that it's opened up?

There was a discussion on the list a while ago starting here:

During the course of that discussion I made available the WRT54G
Sveasoft firmware which, although GPL, is quite difficult to come
across. You can still get it from here:

There's also another firmware which Jake Pollmann pointed out that
offers a number of advanced features and isn't as difficult as Sveasoft.

I've been running the Sveasoft Samadhi firmware for quite a while and it
works great but I'll probably switch to ewrt when I get some time.