plextor pvr

Ryan Erickson ryan at
Thu Mar 10 09:41:55 MST 2005

I think it means that only HW-encoded output is possible.

In other words, you could get DivX or MPEG4 or whatever out, but since
xawtv uses raw video data frames, it wouldn't work.  A player / PVR that
uses encoded streams should still work.

MythTV takes encoded streams from PVR-250 / 350 fine, and should take
them from this as well.

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 09:31 -0700, Steve Dibb wrote:
> Does anyone know if these new Plextor PVRs with their native linux
> drivers will work with things like mythtv, mencoder, etc?  The SDK
> readme mentions "No raw modes are supported, so most Video4Linux2
> applications, such as xawtv, will not function", but I don't know how to
> interpret that.
> Thanks guys,
> Steve
> | This has been a P.L.U.G. mailing. |