creating a DMZ -- seeking firewall advice
lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:41:43 MST 2005
On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:25:07 -0700, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> Hardware is your big concern here. Just avoid moving parts and heat as
> much as possible.
I agree with these points about hardware.
Try Monowall. You could install it today.
>From http://m0n0.ch/wall/features.php :
- NAT/PAT (including 1:1)
- DHCP client, PPPoE, PPTP
- IPsec VPN tunnels (IKE; with support for hardware crypto cards and
- PPTP VPN (with RADIUS server support)
- static routes
- DHCP server
- caching DNS forwarder
- DynDNS client
- SNMP agent
- traffic shaper
- SVG-based traffic grapher
- firmware upgrade through the web browser
- configuration backup/restore
I've used commonly found hardware but Soekris boards can be used too:
More information about the PLUG