creating a DMZ -- seeking firewall advice

Derek Davis derek.davis at
Tue Mar 8 13:54:16 MST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:50:28 -0700, Ryan Byrd <ryanbyrd at> wrote:
> (ever tried to cut down a tree with a swiss-army knife saw-blade?)

Just for the sake of participation, not only have I tried to cut down
a tree with a swiss army knife, but I actually succeeded. (OK, my
scout leader did most of the cutting).  It was a long looong process.
But, I don't think a cisco firewall would have cut it down any

Derek M Davis                                derek.davis at
enthusiastic about." - Albert Einstein