Jackson Harper Presents March 17th

Scott Paul Robertson spr at mahonri5.net
Mon Mar 7 17:52:31 MST 2005

The rumors are true! We're getting a guest speaker (unless something
happens) from the outside world. Jackson Harper[1], a Mono developer and
Novell employee, is going to be in the area for brainshare and has
agreed to do a presentation for us. He said concerning the topic:
"Probably something based heavily on what I will be presenting at
brainshare.", which happens to be "Running and Porting Mono
System.Windows.Forms applications". Jackson has been working on the
current redo of the System.Windows.Forms drawing system in Mono, which
provides a single method for doing GUI on three platforms (Windows,
Linux, OS X).

The Meeting will be on the 17th, our (UUG) normal date and time, but in
a different room (Room to be confirmed tomorrow). More details on the
topic, and any changes will be forth coming.

So tell your friends, spread the word[2], and get ready for a great
meeting!

Scott

[1] http://primates.ximian.com/~jackson/blog/
[2] Windows people (.NET especially) are often interested in this sort
of thing.

--
Scott Paul Robertson
http://spr.mahonri5.net