Corrupt files with 3ware, 3w-9xxx driver?

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:42:28 MST 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:19:55 -0700, Michael Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> You're going to need to do testing to isolate where the corruption is
> occurring.  For example, do the md5sums of these files change on the
> file system?  From what you say, I would suggest that the Samba server
> is not the cause of the problem.  If you could rule it out, then that
> leaves the raid drivers as the probable suspect.  I have heard of data
> corruption with hardware raids like 3ware under linux before.

I have perty much ruled out the samba thing - been using it for years
with no problems, but still a possibility.

I am wondering where you heard about "corruption with hardware raids
like 3ware under linux", if you can get me a URL to an article or some
post, or a white paper then I could really use that.  Basically that
would be all I need to buy new hardware that would not corrupt files.

--
Thanks,

Lance Grover