GNU Arch

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Fri Mar 4 17:09:13 MST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 04:54:58PM -0700, Eric Jensen wrote:
> Anybody tell me how to interact with CVS/GNU Arch repository on a Linux
> server with a Windows client?  Any good coding software that supports it?

That's one of the "problems" with GNU Arch. It makes heavy use of long
file names, and Windows only supports file names up to 255 characters
long (AFAIK), among other problems. So right now windows support for Arch
sucks. Last I heard you had to patch cygwin, maybe things have improved.

One of the goals of Bazaar is to improve on this.

-Roberto

--
Roberto Mello
Software Engineer, Novell Inc.