multiple deliveries (was Re: GNU Arch)

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Mar 4 14:59:01 MST 2005

If you look at the headers, the post in question was sent by Mr. TJ to
plug at plug.orc, CC pluglist at plug.org. That's what happens when you send
two copies of something to two functionally identical addresses.

(I'm not suggesting TJ intended to do it - it was probably a function of
his email client's group reply function. In particular, most clients
will end up doing this when the original post was sent to
pluglist at plug.org (why is an excercise for the student))

I don't have to mention that nuking the Reply-To would fix this problem.  ;-)